Hello there!! The fact that you are reading this means you have survived Monday! Woohoo!! Give yourself a pat on the back. We all know how dreadful Mondays are, especially if you are working. To cheer myself up, I tend to end my Mondays with a mask, it could be a sheet mask, sleeping mask, or wash off mask.
Today, I'm going to share with you my experience with these Beauty Clinic 2 Step Sheet Masks which were given to me to try. Beauty Clinic has 4 different types of masks in their range, one for every area of concern.
The ampoules contain Plant Water, not just water, for effective results on the skin that lasts over time.
Beauty Clinic masks are made with low stimulation system prescription that is fragrance free, coloring free, alcohol free and low stimulus with consideration for skin sensitivities.
The right ingredients go into the masks for its recognized functionalities in fixing the specific skin problems.
Since my key areas of concerns were hydration and fine lines, I received 2 Aqua Smart Filler Masks and 2 Collagen Smart Filler Masks. Given that I don't go for facials too often (probably only once a quarter), I tend to exfoliate and mask at home. I have tried a good number of masks, sheet masks and sleeping masks are by far my favourite because they are so convenient.
Although I have to admit that I was always skeptical about sheet masks not working as well as some wash off masks. Perhaps it's just psychological! This is one of the reasons why I would use a sheet mask once a week and use another type of mask in the same week to ensure my skin is well-nourished.
These Beauty Clinic masks have got an additional step where you have to apply a Mask Base Ampoule all over the face prior to placing the mask sheet on the face. Personally, I think it's pretty nifty, because the mask sheet acts as a protectant preventing the ampoule and serum from the mask from evaporating so that they can be better absorbed into the skin.
The ampoule feels just like a serum with slightly thicker consistency. The amount that comes with the mask is pretty generous, more than enough to smear all over the face, eyes and even the neck and decollete. Very very important to apply skincare onto our necks because we it is one of the tell-tale signs of aging, much like the back of our hands.
Once the ampoule is evenly spread, remove the mask sheet and place it on the face for about 20 minutes. Do not leave the mask on for more than 20-30 minutes because the mask sheet is like a double-edged sword - it helps with absorption of the ampoule and serum when it's moist. If the mask is left too long on the face, it will become counter-productive and "suck" moisture out from our skin instead. So very important not to leave it on for too long.
My recommended way to use the Beauty Clinic mask or any sheet masks:
1. Cleanse face, apply toner.
2. If you have emulsion or SKII Facial Treatment Essence, use them. These will allow the ampoule and goodness of the mask to be better absorbed into the skin.
3. Apply the step 1 ampoule
4. Apply sheet mask for 20 minutes
5. Remove mask sheet and pat remaining serum onto the skin
6. Go to bed :)
My thoughts of these masks:
- I like the generous amount of ampoule that came with the mask. We all know how expensive ampoules are!
- The quality of the mask sheet is good and does not tear easily, it also fits perfectly onto my round face!
- I did notice that my skin appears more supple and hydrated the morning after I use these masks.
- My under-eye area also looked more "perked up" the morning after. It's as if the serum drained away my eyebags.
- The only issue I have with these masks was that rate of absorption of the leftover ampoule and serum after removing the mask sheet. I tend to sleep right after I mask so it was pretty sticky and would transfer to my pillow. Apart from this, I'm pretty satisfied with the result of this mask. One of the better sheet masks I've tried.
Do check out Beauty Clinic's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BeautyClinicSingapore as well as instagram @BeautyClinicSG
Thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: Products were provided to me for my consideration. All opinions expressed are my own.